What causes Adrenal Fatigue?
Daily living causes so much stress, which is not easy on the adrenal glands.
The adrenal glands (also known as suprarenal glands) are the triangle-shaped endocrine glands that sit at the top the kidneys.
They are chiefly responsible for regulating the stress response through the synthesis of corticosteroids and catecholamine, including cortisol and adrenaline.
When the adrenals are tired, the body may experience a number of different symptoms.
Let’s look at the symptoms of adrenal fatigue:
The most common symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue:
- Excessive sweating or perspiration from little activity
- Lower back pain and/or knee weakness or pain, especially on the side
- Dark circles under the eyes
- Muscle twitches
- Low blood sugar
- Heart palpitations
- Sensitivity to light, or difficulty seeing at night
- Cravings for salt
- Low stamina for stress, and easily irritated
- Excessive mood responses after eating carbohydrates such as pasta, breads and sugar
- Chronic infections (bacterial, viral, fungal, yeast)
- Low blood pressure
- Light-headedness upon standing up
- Tired but wired feeling, poor sleep
- Cravings for sweets and carbs, intolerance to alcohol
- Premature aging
- Dry, unhealthy skin with excess pigmentation
- Lack of libido
- Cystic breasts
- Tendency to startle easily
- Negative response to thyroid hormone
If you suspect you may have adrenal fatigue, let’s address it right away. Adrenal glands are extremely important to a healthy immune system.
They are necessary for proper thyroid function and a huge element of a well functioning endocrine system.
Natural Ways to Beat Adrenal Fatigue:
- Get some sleep. You must rest if you are going to help your adrenals get stronger. That means going to bed every night by 10 p.m. Make this a priority and stick with it. Your adrenals need their beauty sleep!
- Eliminate sugar and processed carbs. Sugar and simple carbs (junk!) put stress on the adrenals. Adrenal glands help to regulate blood sugar levels.
- Eat clean animal protein foods, organic vegetables, fruits, nuts, legumes, beans and grains.
- Quit the coffee habit and drink plenty of fresh filtered water every day.
AND Increasing exercise isn’t always a good thing, this has been known to send the body into a more stressful state. It’s time to relax and unwind maybe book a holiday or a weekend away.
Take time out for yourself and your health.
If you have a number of symptoms of adrenal fatigue you can read more here about testing and order one today.